TAX SEASON 2019
This year taxpayers who meet ALL of the following criteria need NOT submit a tax return:
- Their total employment income for the year before tax is not more than R500 000.
- They only receive employment income from ONE EMPLOYER for the full tax year.
- They have no other form of INCOME (e.g. car allowance, business income, and rental income, taxable interest or income from another job).
- They don’t have any additional allowable tax related deductions to claim (e.g. medical expenses, retirement annuity contributions and travel expenses).
To further reduce unnecessary trips to SARS branches, taxpayers who are not required to file a return will receive a simulated outcome from SARS as if they had filed a return. The taxpayer can accept this outcome or update the return and file.
The closing dates for Tax Season are as follows:
- 31 October 2019 for branch filing.
- 4 December 2019 for non-provisional taxpayers who use eFiling and the MobiApp.
- 31 January 2020 for provisional taxpayers who use eFiling.
Individual tax filing season commences on 1 July 2019.
Kindly furnish us with the following if you would like us to assist you with the submission: –
- IRP5: This is the employee’s tax certificate your employer issues to you.
- Certificates you received for local interest income earned.
- Any other documentation relating to income received or accrued, such as remuneration that has not been reported to SARS by your employer, or business or investment income, etc.
- Details of medical expenses paid and medical scheme contributions made.
- The relevant certificates reflecting your retirement annuity fund contributions made.
- A logbook and other documents in support of business travel expenses (if the travel allowance is part of you remuneration or if you have the right of use of a company car taxable benefit).
- Any other documentation relating to the allowable deductions you wish to claim.